Monday, January 25, 2010

She ain't kidding....

Here's a post, only my aunt, @lazymom05 could love.
My aunt is the shopping queen, always finding a way to spend less, save more. ( I'm not worthy!!!) In the art of  "Frugality", she's elite. I'm telling you people... no one can work a circular like she can. Then pair that with her "genius" coupon-ing skills... and you're walking out with free stuff baby!!! I put a few "tricks of the trade" to the test, and here's how I did.



Here's the quick rundown:
4- boxes Super Pretzels
2 -16oz Sour Cream
1- Greek Yogurt
4 lbs of Meat
7lbs of Pork
2- 2liter Soda
2-2lb bags of Rice
2- Bread Crumbs
6-Bags of  Noodles
2- Hot Chocolate
5-bottles of household cleaners
1-shampoo
2-candles
4- 1/2 gallon juice
2-gallons of Diet Green tea
1- gallon of Lemonade
2-loaves of Bread
1-bag of cereal
1-baked potato chip
2- Kids yogurt drinks
5lbs of Oranges
4lbs of Apples
1lb of Broccoli
1lb cabbage/cole slaw mix
1 bag of salad mix
2lbs of carrots
1lb of celery
3lbs of onions
2bunches scallions
1/2 lb of mushrooms

for a total of.....$58.45!!!!  Not to bad for my first attempt...

Now that deserves a post... and a SHOUT OUT!!!

5 comments:

  1. Bravo, Bonnie! Amy was the one who taught me as well. Janice Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, it would be helpful if you told people how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @publishthis that's a whole other post! Double coupons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww..... a tear to the eye..... so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete